Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
- The school will immediately separate any student or staff who shows COVID-19 symptoms while at school until the individual can be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Schools will clean the areas used by the individual who shows COVID-19 symptoms while at school (student, teacher, or staff) as soon as is feasible.
- Students who report feeling feverish will be given an immediate tempertaure check to determine if they are symptomatic for COVID-19.
If Individuals with Lab-Confirmed Cases Have Been in a School
- The school will close off the areas that were heavily used by the individual with the lab-confirmed case (student, teacher, or staff) until the non-porous surfaces in those areas have been disinfected, unless more than 7 days have already passed since that person was on campus.
- Consistent with school notification requirements for other communicable diseases, and consistent with legal confidentiality requirements, schools will notify all teachers, staff, and families of all students in a school if a lab-confirmed COVID-19 case is identified among students, teachers or staff who participate in any on campus activities.