Click 👉🏼 to RSVP for PreK RoundUpOverview: In Bridgeport ISD, we believe that every child should have access to high-quality early learning programs that will prepare them for future success.Children and their families deserve a vibrant Pre-K experience that offers . . .
In Bridgeport ISD . . .
- Passionate educators, fiercely committed to each student’s success.
- Cheerful classrooms, where children can begin developing a lifelong love of learning.
- Consistent curriculum that contributes to better early literacy and numeracy.
- Affordable options, accessible to all Bridgeport families.
- School begins at 7:40 a.m. at Bridgeport Elementary.
- Bus students are dropped off at 7:15 a.m.
- Students must live in the Bridgeport ISD attendance zone.
- Age Requirement: Must be 4 years old before Sept. 1, 2023
- Must comply with attendance requirements.
To qualify for no-cost PreK, families must meet one of the following criteria.
- Educationally disadvantaged. (Eligible to participate in the national school lunch program)
- Emergent Bilingual
- Child of an active member of the armed forces or killed/injured during active duty
- Current or Past Foster Care
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award (peace officer, firefighter, or first responder).
For more detailed information about eligibility, click HERE.
🚌 Bus transportation is available.
Head Start Advantage
What is the Head Start program?
Head Start programs provide families with free learning and development services for their children.
- Children must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2023.
- Families need to provide household income information.
- Proof of income for eligibility includes but is not limited to SSI, SNAP, TANF, Disability)
- Free school supplies provided
- Bus transportation available
- Head Start Enrolls
- Children with an identified disability
- Emergent Bilinguals
- Homeless families
- Foster children
Head Start emphasizes the role of parents as their child's first and most important teacher. These programs help build relationships with families that support family well-being and many other important areas.
Cornerstone Community Action Agency provides opportunities for children with disabilities. If you suspect your child may have a learning difference, please contact Mariea Freeman at (682) 253-6863.