The Bridgeport ISD Transportation Department values your child’s safety. The following rules are provided to ensure a safe trip for all riders on the bus and fellow motorists.
- Observe same conduct as in the classroom.
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Remain seated in a safe manner at all times while the bus is in motion. Seatbelts are required to be worn, if applicable.
- Refrain from making excessive noise such as loud talking, screaming, whistling, etc.
- Your bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Do not behave in any manner that may jeopardize the safe operation of the bus.
- Be courteous: Do not use unacceptable language gestures, or actions.
- Do not open bus windows without permission. Keep arms, head, and/or other parts of the body inside the bus.
- Do not throw, pitch, or shoot articles within the bus, or out of the bus windows.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus.
- Do not be destructive to bus equipment inside or outside of the bus.
- Do not carry harmful or dangerous articles (weapons, etc.)
- Keep bus aisle clear. This includes your feet, bags, etc.
- Do not possess tobacco/e-cigarettes/alcohol or any form of illegal drugs aboard a bus.
- Be 5 minutes early to your bus stop to allow for traffic issues.
Response to Violating the Rule:
1st write up – Call to parent/guardian.
2nd write up – Call to parent/guardian.
3rd write up – Call to parent/guardian. Suspended off the bus for 5 days.
4th write up – Call to parent/guardian. Suspended off the bus for 10 days.
5th write up – Call to parent/guardian. Suspended off the bus for remainder of school year.
Please be aware that wearing a seat belt on a bus that is equipped with seatbelts is not only a school policy but also State law. Any student that chooses not to wear a seatbelt will be suspended following the 2nd write-up for that offense. Our top priority is your child's safety. Just like riding in a passenger car, school seat belts save lives.