Welcome to BIS
Welcome from BIS Principal, Kyle Hatcher
Our mission statement at Bridgeport Intermediate is to “provide a safe and positive learning environment to challenge, inspire and nurture students to become successful, independent thinkers with a passion for lifelong learning.”
This statement exemplifies the high expectations we have for our students at Bridgeport Intermediate and is demonstrated daily – inside and outside of the classroom. Our school is for third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students.
Our district has strongly integrated technology into the learning process and Bridgeport Intermediate is proud to provide each student with a ChromeBook computer.
Along with digital learning, we strive on nurturing student development by offering numerous learning opportunities. In the past year, our staff has implemented several programs designed to enhance student performance.
Some of these measures include:
- Consistently offering new learning projects, such as sponsoring a Star Wars Math and Science Night for our students and their families.
- Constructing a new outdoor classroom in partnership with Real School Gardens.
- Sponsoring strong UIL academic teams for various competitions with subjects ranging from spelling and chess to music memory and number sense.
- Sponsoring Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) to have dads help with campus safety and many other programs.
- Implementing diagnostic assessments, such as the Developmental Reading Assessment to better identify student needs.
- Constantly communicating with parents to help build a strong bridge between the school and homes.
We enthusiastically work with our staff, student, and parents to make Bridgeport Intermediate School a great place to learn!
If you want to learn more about Bridgeport Intermediate, contact the school.
Bridgeport Intermediate School
Address: 1400 Hwy 380
Bridgeport, TX 76426
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
Grades: 3 - 5
Principal: Kyle Hatcher
Asst Principal: Bonita Jeter
Colors: Maroon & White
Mascot: Bulls & Sissies